Grand, Godly Goals (Sermon)
The following is a sermon I preached at Cherrydale Bible Church on October 11, 2015.
Title: Grand, Godly Goals
Passage: Colossians 1:24-2:3
Theme: The Preeminence and Sufficiency of Jesus
- Historical Review
- Preaching (1:28)
- Christ (Warning and Teaching)
- Suffering (1:24-27)
- For the sake of the truth
- At the hands of evil men
- On behalf of the church
- Labor (1:29-2:3) to exhaustion/ in agony
- Preaching: to present every man perfect in Christ
- Power: Paul’s power is provided by God in abundance
- Paul’s goal was to present every man perfect in Christ. What is your goal?
- Understandably, God has not called every individual to preach to the same extent as Paul, but the great commission is for every believer.
- Who is the last person you warned? Who is the last person you taught?
- Who will be next?
- Paul’s concern was for the church and he was willing to suffer for it. What are you concerned about with regard to the work of the Lord?